What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you control your breath when rapping?

Mason

LV

I used to find it very difficult to control my breath whenever I'm trying to rap. Sometimes it makes me feel like my breath is choking me but I still manage to pull it off.

How can I manage to control my breath very well whenever I'm rapping? Why is it too difficult most of the time?

I haven't tried to rap for once in my life. I don't know how to talk fast when I'm having a normal conversation without any pressure. Imagine how hard it's going to be when I try to rap under pressure?

If you don't know how to talk very fast, it's going to be very difficult for you to do well when it comes to rapping. Great rappers knows how to hold in their breath longer than others to rap freely and in length.

I know how to rap a little bit because I used to run some show in the studio with my guys back in the days when we were still in the hood. I just flow with the lyrics, it's how I mastered to rap fast.

Back