What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which music genre is the best when it comes to culture preservation?

Bill Frank

LV

Notes
♬869
Music is a means ways of life is expressed by artists in one way or another. Passing of a message or information is very common in music and it's very clear that people's culture have been propagated using music. This makes it easier for such culture be passed down from generation to generation without watering it down. If you're looking at the best music that have thrived so well in doing this, it's going to be FOLK MUSIC. Folk music conveys so much of one's culture, value of nature, the lives of their historical warriors, old war stories and their religion.

Reactions: Jon
I believe that it is going to be between traditional music and folk music that would do best when it comes to culture preservation and propagation. This is because they carry a lot of culture and teach it from generation to generation in their songs.

I've known that one way which music helps to brings cultures together is through the exchange of musical styles and influences. This is why you can see Spanish dance style used in USA and other parts of the world.

I believe that culture is propagated in each and every music genre out there. The only thing that matters is what kind of culture is being preserved in any particular music genre that you are playing at any point in time.

Back