What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appreciating Singers with Unconventional Vocal Abilities

Altair

LV

Notes
♬712
Have you ever found yourself drawn to a singer or musician whose vocal abilities aren't necessarily top-notch? Maybe you find their voice unique or charming, or perhaps it's their lyrics or overall style that captivates you. Whatever the reason, it's not uncommon to enjoy music from artists who don't have a "great" singing voice.

Some examples of singers who have been criticized for their vocal abilities but still have a dedicated fan base include Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Neil Young, and Tom Waits. These musicians are known for their distinctive styles and songwriting abilities, even if their singing might not be technically perfect.

So why do we enjoy music from singers who may not have the most impressive vocal range or pitch-perfect delivery? Perhaps it's because their unconventional voices add to the rawness and authenticity of their music. Or maybe it's because their unique vocal style helps to make their music stand out from the crowd and become more memorable.

Ultimately, music is a form of self-expression, and every artist has their own unique way of conveying their message to the audience. Sometimes, it's the imperfections and idiosyncrasies of an artist's voice that make their music truly special and enjoyable to listen to.

What are your thoughts on singers who don't necessarily have a great voice but still make great music? Are there any artists whose work you enjoy despite their unconventional vocal abilities?

Whitney Houston was definitely a songbird, and I could name more people if given time. Yeah, the vocals can be awesome from certain people. It's definitely as much a talent as with someone playing an instrument.

Reactions: Jon
Whitney Houston was definitely a songbird, and I could name more people if given time. Yeah, the vocals can be awesome from certain people. It's definitely as much a talent as with someone playing an instrument.
Whitney Houston was so cool. I can remember her song used in the movie The Bodyguard and it was a fine one. She can song very well and the same thing can be said too about Celine Dion.

Sia is very handy too when it comes to being very vocal with how she sings. She adds some craziness in her dancing too. Her size makes it very easy for her to display like she does when she's dancing.

Celine Dion is another musician that I can tell you that have quite a voice when it comes to singing and she knows how to pitch her voice in a way that is going to be very loud but still entertaining for someone to listen to. I've always enjoyed listening to her songs right from my childhood.

Singing is never easy. I've tried to sing several times, even went to the length of enrolling in a music school but I wasn't able to be good at it after wasting 7 months. I'll always appreciate any singer no matter how his or her song came out.

Back