What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Vocalist for Van Halen - David or Sammy?

Jason

LV

Notes
♬731
David Lee Roth favored highly sexual lyrics etc. and Sammy Hagar was more into more serious "square" music. Well, David was essential to Van Halen's early music and even suggested the name for the band. On the other hand, would Van Halen ever right any music a bit deeper if not for the 2nd stint of the band? Of course, that's not saying the early Van Halen could not be deep at times.

Reactions: nze
I think both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar are incredibly talented vocalists, and each brought their own unique style and energy to Van Halen.

David Lee Roth's high-pitched screams and charismatic stage presence helped define the band's early sound and image, while Sammy Hagar's powerful vocals and more melodic approach helped take Van Halen in a slightly different direction in the late '80s and early '90s.

In my opinion, it's difficult to say which vocalist was better because they both brought different strengths to the table.

I think both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar are incredibly talented vocalists, and each brought their own unique style and energy to Van Halen.

David Lee Roth's high-pitched screams and charismatic stage presence helped define the band's early sound and image, while Sammy Hagar's powerful vocals and more melodic approach helped take Van Halen in a slightly different direction in the late '80s and early '90s.

In my opinion, it's difficult to say which vocalist was better because they both brought different strengths to the table.
Yeah, I like both of them. Why is there a competition? However, some people just seem to hate Sammy Hagar, and maybe a few David Lee Roth, but I'm sure it's way less.

I think most of the debate was because Van Halen changed their sound then Sammy became their vocalist, and they got more poppy in the 80's. So Sammy got the blame for it.

David Lee Roth privilégiait les paroles très sexuelles, etc. et Sammy Hagar préférait la musique « carrée » plus sérieuse. Eh bien, David a joué un rôle essentiel dans la musique ancienne de Van Halen et a même suggéré le nom du groupe. D’un autre côté, Van Halen aurait-il un jour réussi à rendre la musique un peu plus profonde sans le deuxième passage du groupe ? Bien sûr, cela ne veut pas dire que les premiers Van Halen ne pouvaient pas parfois être profonds.
Vous voulez votre musique partout ? Découvrez DistroKid ! Distribuez facilement sur toutes les plateformes de streaming et touchez un large public. Générez des revenus avec votre musique. Inscrivez-vous avec mon lien VIP : https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/5094860

Back