What's new
Music Forums

Looking for a place to dive deep into your favorite albums, discover emerging artists, or debate the latest industry news? You’ve found it. Music Forums is a dedicated space for fans of every genre, ranging from classic rock and jazz to modern indie, electronic, and hip-hop. Whether you're an audiophile searching for the best vinyl pressings, a musician looking for feedback, or a casual listener wanting to share your daily playlist, our community is here for you.

Register a free account today to join the conversation, start your own threads, and connect with a global network of like-minded music enthusiasts through your own private inbox. Don't just listen to music. Be part of the discussion.

Does anyone else sometimes lose interest in music?

I was discussing with a close friend earlier and he says his desire to listen to music is reducing on a daily basis. I was surprised because he is someone that used to listen throughout the day.
He said it’s because sometimes the songs being released nowadays are below par.

Do you find yourself losing interest in music? What is the reason?
 
With all the negative events happening with music..I was deterred from continuing on with my own career...but what set things wrong for me was the recent MTV Video Awards...and how much they glossed over good music to give praise and tribute to trash... yes legends like Dolly Parton and others were honored...and I respect that...but then the trash of Madonna and other things, having guys kiss each other on stage and other mess...kinda made things less glossy and nauseating...
 
As a hobby player, my interest waxes and wanes with my personal situation. Big patches of intense interest, followed by a drop off, often from moving to a new place. Currently in a dip as I deal with intense personal issues, but I'll get back into it.
 
Back
Top