What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you consider a good band name?

Jason

LV

Notes
♬731
Who has a good band name? What are some qualifications for something interesting? What are some band names that you could do without?

There are many factors to take into account when choosing a good and catchy band name . One of the most important qualifications for something interesting is that it's memorable and unique. A great band name should pique the listener's interest, be catchy, and allude to the group's potential musical direction.

In my opinion, this describes the musical groups Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys, and Tame Impala. These names catch the eye, stick in the memory, and offer some insight into the band's potential musical direction. For instance, "Arctic Monkeys" fits their musical style and has a cool, edgy sound.

Some band names, on the other hand, I could live without. These names may be overly general or overused, or they may just be illogical. Some band names, like Panic! at the Disco (a bit too long and cumbersome) and The Chainsmokers (which is too corny), irritate me.

A good band name is ultimately arbitrary and depends on personal preference. What sounds fantastic to one person may not sound fantastic to another. However, I believe that when trying to come up with a great band name, the criteria of being distinct and memorable are typically a good place to start.

When it comes to band names I would have to say that something catchy and something easy to remember would be a perfect name to go with. You would want people to remember your band name so that they can share your band around and it would be easy for the people you tell to remember as well.

Some band names that I could do without are usually ones that are basic or overly used. I find that some bands tend to use either similar or the same names in their band name and it can end up overly used.

Whenever I think of a good band name I always find something catchy and unique really works and it stands out making it something that many will be more inclined to remember than something that is just basic and can be forgotten about in such a small space of time.

The key I feel when choosing a band name is to think of something that would fit the genre of your band, is not used a lot or has never been used to your knowledge, and something that will leave people remembering the name for a while.

When it comes to deciding on a good band name, I would have to say that you need to look for something that is unique but also something that people are going to hear and not forget. For any band, they want people to remember them and not forget them, and having a name that helps with that is the first step to take. Of course, that can take a little while but it's always best to take your time when deciding on a band name so that you don't regret your choice later.

I have seen some band name that sounds weird but they have great songs. I don't think it's the name that matters but what they produce under their band name. Take a look at The Beatles, how does the name sound? Not so good but what have they done under the name?

Who has a good band name? What are some qualifications for something interesting? What are some band names that you could do without?
I've never been a judger in anything. Which ever band name a group chooses to work with will be meekly appreciated. I have respect for all band's names in the music industry.

Back