What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you feel is the hardest instrument to play?

Destiny

LV

Notes
♬651
With many instruments that you can play, some can be easy to learn and play and others can be somewhat difficult to learn and play. When it comes to any instrument, which one would you say is the hardest to play?

I would have to say that the violin is the hardest to play out of all the instruments. I have not tried to play it myself but I did have a friend who learned to play the violin and she did voice how difficult it was.

With many instruments that you can play, some can be easy to learn and play and others can be somewhat difficult to learn and play. When it comes to any instrument, which one would you say is the hardest to play?

I would have to say that the violin is the hardest to play out of all the instruments. I have not tried to play it myself but I did have a friend who learned to play the violin and she did voice how difficult it was.
Since every instrument has its own unique challenges, it is difficult to say which instrument is the hardest to play.
I concur that playing the violin would be challenging, though. I would think the positioning of the fingers, the bowing technique, and the intonation can be quite challenging to master.

Of all the musical instruments which I have tried to master how to play, the most difficult one which took so long for me to get it right was violin. At one point, I had to give up and take a long break with it before coming back to it all over again.

Of all the musical instruments which I have tried to master how to play, the most difficult one which took so long for me to get it right was violin. At one point, I had to give up and take a long break with it before coming back to it all over again.
How long of a break did you take from the violin? I know a lot of people take a break as it can cause pain in your arms and shoulder with how you have to hold the violin. That was one of the things that I found difficult.

I do know that after a while if you stick at it you get used to it and the pain is no longer there but that has been something that has pushed people to take a break in the past.

As someone who learned to play the violin when I was in my final two years of school and had lessons from my auntie who is a music teacher and a violin teacher, I will admit that the violin is one of the more harder instruments to play and also learn.

I too had the issue with the arm ache and the shoulder problems and my auntie did tell me that the more I played the more I would get used to it and the pain wouldn't be noticeable anymore.

I would have to agree with some on this topic and say that I feel the violin would be the most difficult. I have seen many people play the violin and the strength it seems like you would need to have in the hand you hold the violin in would be something you would have to work towards. I have seen many people play the violin and it must have taken them so long to get to the standard of playing that they are at.

I suck at playing drums no matter how much I tried. I just gave up on it completely. As for the their musical instruments which I have tried playing like flute, harp, trumpet, piano and guitar, I do well with them.

It seems like it would be the piano. You have to know the left- and right-hand notes and even if you attempt to study piano by some note-less system, it still seems hard. Well, I have tried to study advanced piano with notes and indeed, it is difficult.

I also attempted the violin, but I don't think it was hard aside from vibrato. Now, classical guitar could be incredibly difficult. I mean, there are a lot of notes and positions.

I struggle with playing any musical instruments that requires air to be blown into them. This makes it very difficult for me to play trumpet. Trying it for a minute and my jaw will be hurting me so bad.

I struggle with playing any musical instruments that requires air to be blown into them. This makes it very difficult for me to play trumpet. Trying it for a minute and my jaw will be hurting me so bad.
If your mouth isn't strong, playing those big trumpet will be a very difficult task for anyone who tries it. I don't like the musical instrument, otherwise I would tried playing and see how well I would do with it. It's Piano I find very difficult to play.

I would say that any kind of musical instrument that you don't have any knowledge on how to play is always going to be very difficult for you to play. I know this from experience because I don't know how to play drums and if you ask me, I'm going to tell you that it's one of the most difficult musical instrument to play.

In my opinion, all musical instruments are very difficult to play unless you learn how to play them. There is no way you can simply pick up any musical instrument and start playing it like a professional. You have to go through the process of learning how to play them before you can master them. So, they are all difficult the way I see it.

Back